Saturday, September 4, 2010

Post Wedding Fun

HONEYMOON IS BOOKED!!!

Chuck and I were never quite sure what we were going to do for a honeymoon. It hinged on quite a few factors - money, my job situation for the fall, and the wheres and when. Also, neither of us are "beach people", so your typical (albeit beautiful and fun) honeymoon to an island isn't really in the cards for us. We have a plan to get an AWESOME honeymoon (we're keeping that under wraps for the time being.....but if luck is on our side, we may have a second honeymoon. teehee), but in the meantime, we were trying to figure out what we should do, if our original plan doesn't pan out. At first we thought we would maybe go away next summer, and just do something small and somewhat nearby for our "mini-moon" the few days after the wedding. So whenever someone asked, "Where are you going for your honeymoon?" I never had an answer, just, "Uh.....I think we're going to go away next summer when we have more money". BOR-RING!!!!!!!!!!
Then one night Chuck said that he wanted to "GO AWAY go away" after the wedding. Not just hop in the car and drive a couple of hours to some cheesy hotel in PA where we would sit in a champagne glass shaped jacuzzi. I wholeheartedly agreed. I wanted to celebrate our marriage as newlyweds, and REALLY celebrate.
It got me thinking.....our cousins Russ and Heather went to Florida for their "mini-moon" after they got married......Florida is nice in the fall.....there are TONS of things I like to do in Florida......let's see if I can work this angle. So a few nights ago, it went down like this...(note - this may not be a word for word transcript.......)

Me - Chuuuuuuuuuck.....we should really GO AWAY go away after the wedding.

Chuck - Bad ass.

Me - Ya know.....Russ and Heather went to Florida.....it would be nice to go somewhere a little bit warmer than here....

Chuck - Yeah! We'd take a plane! That's totally GOING AWAY going away!

Me - Yes!! Exactly! So.......uh.............how......would......you......feel.....about........going.....to..........*weak whisper of a voice* Disney World? (then I shrunk into myself, afraid of what he might say)

Chuck - TOTALLY!! How much does it cost?

Me - Whaaaaaaaaa??????? YOU want to go to Disney???

Chuck - Baby - I would TOTALLY go to Disney with you! I'd LOVE to go with you - you're a Disney expert! Who else would I go with? DISNEY! ALL DAY!!!!

Me - Wow!!!! AWESOME!!!! *type type type type as I immediately begin to price packages before he can back out* :0)

And here we are - a few days later, honeymoon booked!! Now, I had every intention of making this a mini-moon - 4 days - a quick in and out. But anyone who knows Disney knows that's not possible. If you take into consideration your flights in and out, you can lose almost 2 days. So our mini-moon has turned into a full fledged honeymoon - 7 days/6 nights. And it is worth every penny!

We're staying at The Boardwalk, a resort I have yet to stay in.




I already booked us two dinner reservations....One at The Boma at The Animal Kingdom Lodge. This restaurant reminds me of my stay in Kenya, and they have the most FANTASTIC buffet with TONS of vegetarian options!! <3



And the other is at Citricos - a Mediterranean inspired restaurant based out of The Grand Floridian resort. This will be our "romantic honeymoon dinner" :0)



We're also lucky because, while we're there, we can take part in Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and the EPCOT Food & Wine Festival, although Sugar Ray (my FAVORITE band in the whole wide world) is performing there the week BEFORE we come :0( We do have Air Supply and Sister Hazel to look forward to though :0) (I'm not entirely kidding here....)

So my answer to "where are going on your honeymoon?" has gone from, "uh......" to "DISNEY WORLD!!!!" We are both super excited and can't wait to keep you posted about our antics there!!!

***insert Tara and Chuck in between Mickey & Minnie***



.

2 comments:

  1. you are going to my favorite vacation place. a first without mommy! have the most wonderful of honeymoons, and kiss mickey for me. i WILL be going back with you. i need my tara and mommy disney fix SOON. boardwalk yeah! never stayed there. take pix, many many pix. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a Cape May themed restaurant somewhere there. You should find it and tell me if the mashed potatoes are still the most amazing things ever :-)

    ReplyDelete