Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Proposal

For those who have been asking, here's how it all went down.....
Chuck and I were heading over to our friend Stu's for NYE. We were hanging out, eating, drinking, having a good time amongst friends. Stu and company have this great NYE tradition to celebrate "out with the old, in with the new" after the ball drops, where the oldest person at the party leaves the house first, followed by everyone else there, and the last person out of the house is the youngest. So there we are, all running around the outside of Stu's house (Chuck, for the record was the first one out, which also made him the last one in, as the youngest person becomes the first one in - get it???). We get back inside, music is playing (courtesy of Stu's iPod and playlist), drinking has commenced, and I am having an incredibly random conversation with our friend Dave Trainer about my inability to snap well. All of a sudden, Mr. Brightside by The Killers comes on. Little known fact - this song is unofficially "our song". This is a song that came out when we first started hanging out, and seemed to always be on one of our radios while we were talking to each other, and just reminds us of each other. So, when the song came on, I turned to Chuck and said, "Awwww.....Mr. Brightside!!" and then he says, "Yeah...Mr. Brightside....." Next thing I know, he's taking off his glasses, his hat, and is getting down on on knee. He is holding out the most beautiful engagement ring I had ever seen (ok, I may be biased.....) and says, "I love you SO much. Will you marry me?" Of course, I said yes. :) It was absolutely perfect. I couldn't have asked for it to happen any other way. Oh! And just in case you didn't realize it, Stu was in on the whole plan (hence Mr. Brightside was playing). AND Stu is also going to be the officiant at our wedding.
This is Chuck and Stu, chit chatting away, before the deal went down. If you look closely, you can see the ring in Chuck's pocket.......unbeknownst to me, he had it in his pocket all night.

This is Chuck and I after :) No pic of the ring yet, as my digital camera is the suck and isn't made to take pictures of jewelry. I'll have to wait for our photographer, George to take some for me.

2 comments:

  1. that was sweet and romantic. chuck is really surprising:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete